My Friend’s House was opened in 1980 with after school care. In 1982, it expanded to include infant, toddler and preschool care. The name “My Friend’s House” suggests two things. First, children are being nurtured and cared for in the church, which is the Lord’s house and the Lord is our friend. Second, among the staff and children there are loving friends. My Friend's House Child Development Center is an integral portion of the Children’s Ministry of Northwest Hills United Methodist Church.
Through this program, the church ministers to the community and makes responsible use of the education facility. The program openly acknowledges its Christian environment through programming, but does not attempt to instruct in church doctrine.
My Friend’s House Child Development Center (C.D.C.) aims to provide high quality child care at a reasonable cost in a safe and loving environment in which each child is accepted and has the freedom to develop socially, emotionally, physically, spiritually, and intellectually.
Each of our "classes" is directed by a Lead Teacher who has a CDA (Child Development Associate credential) or is working towards one. Associate and/or Assistant Teachers work with and under the supervision of a Lead Teacher. All members of our staff are certified in CPR and 1st Aid. They are also required to have a background check and FBI fingerprinting upon hire and then 2 years following must undergo another FBI fingerprinting. Our staff has over 150 years of combined early childhood teaching experience. Besides the required 24 hours of training annually, numerous members of our staff continue to participate in professional development initiatives such as mentoring, leadership and continuing education programs
- Year-round care, Monday – Friday, 7am – 6pm
- Early childhood development, from 2 months through pre-K
- After school program, from Kindergarten through 5th grade. After school pick up from:
* Hill Elementary School * Gullett Elementary School * Highland Park Elementary School
- All day care for school age children- on all days when AISD is closed
* (such as spring break) except for MFH Holidays.
- Nutritionally sound breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack provided daily
* Federal Food Program participant
- Weekly chapel with the Director of Children’s Ministries at NWHUMC, Jean Marinus
- Summer program (Camp Gadabouts)
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14
Northwest Hills United Methodist Church